Wood polish is the process of enhancing the surface appearance, shining, strength, and resistance from water, bacteria, environmental factors.
The function of wood polish is to keep it clean and protects wood surfaces. Nowadays, every house has wood furniture, a wooden floor, a wooden door, and varieties of wood household items. But the maintenance is a big challenge from stains, scratches, holes, insects, termites. Don’t worry. This article will help you to find Types of wood finishes. And how to pick the best suitable polish for wooden household items. Just go through this article you will know all about wood polishes.
Factors to consider before pick polish for your furniture
Before polishing your furniture, wood household things, you should check which type of polish is required and which type of damages occurred.
Once determine the causes after you take the necessary action on it. In, generally, the Common checklist is given below.
Types of wood finishes
Wood finishes or wood polishes are the final processes of wood protection. It has many methods of finishes using depending upon the material, cost, and usage. Wax, oil, shellac, lacquer, varnish, and paint these components are widely using as polish or wood finishes.
These finishes very effective and long-term protects the woods. Let see each type of finish in detail.
Waxes available from many sources like animals, plants, bees. These waxes using for wood polishing, shoe polishing, candle, wax can easily apply with cloth brushes. After wax coatings need to buffing by tools can getting a good appearance. This material protects woods few months compared to other finishes. Should reapply after few months to keeps better appearance and protection.
Recommended Wax wood polish-Howard-Feed-N-Wax
- FEED-N-Wax is suitable for all wood surfaces with soft and protection.
- Improve the appearance and depth polish for finished and unfinished surfaces
- It is better for tables, cabinets, doors, and wood crafts.
- The longer it keeps from drying and color changes.
In general, unfinished woods are using linseed oil as a polisher. It’s available from plants like flax etc. these oils give the appearance of furniture and household things. It also can easily apply with cloth brushes and some time to takes curing. Compare to other materials, its protection and durability less.
Best oil furniture polish-Milsek Wood Polish
- Suitable for wood products like kitchen cabinets, wood tinning tables, doors, etc.
- Recommend for daily uses with safety and no harm.
- Its multipurpose lemon oil can use for car dashboards also.
- Better cleaning, polish, and protection of your furniture.
Shellack is one type of resin it collects from Bucs on trees. It high dense and applies by spraying machines, brushes for wood polishing. It gives a dark appearance with high water resistance. Shellac ensures long durability with better protection compared to other finishes. The main feature of this material totally can remove by alcohol.
Best shellac wood polish-Howard Rester-A-Shine
- It is Using for removing fine cracks, dullness, minor scratches, and wood protection.
- Rester Improves better polish like polyurethane, varnish, and including woodwind instrumental.
Lacquer comes from rich shellac. It dilutes with alcohol and applies to wood furniture surfaces. These finish playing a role as a protector of woods from insects and climatic effects. It gives a high-quality matte Smooth finish with waterproof. Asians, France, middle east people Mostly using this type of material as furniture polishing. It can easily remove by the solvents and reapplying other materials. Better durability, hardness, and it has many verities depending upon the uses and source.
Best lacquer polish-Aqua Coat Clear lacquer
- Aqua applicable for interiors wood facet with the top acrylic coat.
- Can dilute with water and gives finish in few minutes.
- Long duration with stain resistance.
In, general varnishes available in many kinds and gives the thin protective topcoat transparency for the woods. It Can easily apply with brushes, sprayers without any air bubbles. Not only protect from insects, stains and also available for UV resistance. Varnish Required a curing period of two days for high durability. Most of them using oil-based and polyurethane varnish for general uses like furniture, doors.
Best varnish-Epifanes Blanke Bootlak
- It will give a gloss finish with UV resistance and high protection.
- Suitable for external and internal woods by using brushes, sprayers.
- Best quality with traditional, long durable.
Paint gives a glossy look and protects the top surfaces of the woods, furniture, doors. Commonly it has many different types. Some kinds like wood stain its low viscous paint gives the perfect glossy finish without priming coats. Easily can apply with brushes, rollers before applying need to prepare the surfaces of woods.
Best wood paint -Rust-Oleum chalked
- Better to use internal, external wood surfaces, ceramic, metal.
- Easily washable after the finish.
- Just 30 minutes reach the better finish with protection.
Stains for furniture’s
Stains come from household things. Like white spots, food stains, makeup items, paints included. These stains cause child’s activities,mens women’s careless and many other factors. The main reason for the white spot, black spots any wet items directly in contact with the furniture will appear spot due to chemical reaction with finishes. Some of the use outdoors in direct sunlight cause these types of damages to occur.
Wood polish for stains-Trinova wood cleaner and conditioner
- Safe and easy use without harmful pigments.
- Improves the natural finish of your internal and external furniture surfaces.
- Just spray and clean with cloths.
These Knots naturally present in the woods. Especially if branches cut are any other health issues of trees it appears. These knots sometimes can directly affect the wood’s strength and durability. Mostly the peoples like appliances with knots design.
Best Knot cover-Coconix floor and furniture repair kits
- Idel for the painted surfaces and any other wood surfaces.
- Easy use with a better finish without any harmful pigments.
wood crack causes drying the woods when loss its moisture it will shrink or these damages occur. But the furniture causes cracks for many reasons. The heavy furniture stored on an even floor is enough the develop cracks. Outdoor furniture using direct sunlight is also affected by cracks.
Best wood crack solution- Elmer’s wood filler.
- Easy to use with a good finish
- washable and shrink and crack resistance.
The anyone objects on the surface occur marks by some activity its called scratch. Scratch one of the main problems facing all of them, not only household things even everything. Many of the reasons we can list. Generally, children, pets, and lack of care are the causes.
Best furniture scratch repair-Rejuvenate
- Rejuvenate its disappears scratches for any color woods, furniture, floors.
- Easy to use Comes with six numbers markers.
- Suitable for hard and softwoods with perfect finishes.
The furniture, household things have attacks with insets, termite, misplaced screwing, nails it’s the main factors of holes. Not only these factors like Knots, climatic factors, etc.
Best wood hole filler-Minwax Stainable wood filler
- The best solution for wood surfaces holes, cracks, knots, and any other type of damages.
- Easy use with Fast dryable.
- Applicable with oil and water-based.
Dust removers for furniture’s
Dust one of the common issues. The dust present in the air everyday deposit with furniture, household things. Even proper cleaning is the remedy of dust. At least a few days once frequently need cleaning.
Best wood Duster-Guardsman Dusting cloths
- Applicable for all surfaces like furniture, appliances, glass, metals, floors, etc.
- It is Quick and better cleaning with reusable.